Sunday, June 10, 2012

CVS 6/10/12



Today was a great day at CVS! I received a $10 off $30 Gillette purchase, among about 10 or so coupons that printed out from the "magic coupon machine". This was perfect seeing as I have been out of razors for about a month and refuse to pay full retail. This was a sure sign that it's time to stock up again! So I proceeded throughout the store and picked up Venus Spa Breeze razor pack and the matching refills at $11.79 and $16.99 respectively. I also picked up an Olay body wash priced at $6.99. Here's the breakdown of what happened at the register. My initial total was $38.98. I wasn't about to pay that price, so here comes the coupons! I used the $10 off $30 first. Then a "buy a refill get the razor free". Next a coupon for "free Olay body wash with a venus razor purchase". Each of these came for the P&G insert from June 3. I also used a $5 off venus razor and refill found in a previous P&G. At this point my total was approximately $5. I was prepared to use another $3 worth of coupons, but at this point the register would not allow me to. My subtotal was $1.99 and the remainder of my total was tax. So I used a 75 cents Extra care buck and surrendered $4.46 for my items. I was hoping and planning for free, but taxes are inevitable I guess. Still the savings here are phenomenal and I couldn't be happier to have nice razors back in my stockpile. As I was walking out of the store I decided to scan my mothers CVS card and what do you know, she received a $10 off $30 Gillette purchase as well! You better believe I'll be heading back tomorrow for the same great deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment